Residential Construction Foreman
Shibusa's Residential Construction Foreman will manage one of our Construction Assembly Teams as we work to build sustainable, attainable, high quality housing in New Orleans and beyond. Working for the Shibusa Systems team means you no longer need to worry about sourcing your next job: we're hiring for full time team members that can execute our revolutionary home-building solution. We've created a work environment that you can show up and thrive in, without sweating where your next project will come from.
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of five Assembly Technicians to efficiently execute the construction of single- and multi-family housing using Shibusa Systems’ On-site Precision Component Assembly™ process
- Implement, maintain and monitor safe and healthy working conditions for all team members
- Interpret, follow and successfully execute plans from formal construction documents in conjunction with Shibusa’s structural details, shop drawings and all other construction related documents required to complete a Shibusa project, adhering to a strict standard of quality at all times
- Plan and coordinate workflow of the Assembly Team, delegating specific responsibilities to the appropriate member of the team to meet critical milestones and time deadlines in the design-build process, from pre-construction preparation work at Shibusa’s warehouse facilities through to on-site construction/assembly completion of the project
- Maintain and manage an up-to-date project plan for each project
- Develop the team by focusing on individual performance and support requirements to achieve high standards, while fostering a culture of teamwork and safety
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and mentoring so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them
- Work with the Director of Assembly with day-to-day management and priority of ongoing projects
- Actively participate in recruiting efforts for future team members
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the on-site residential construction process from start to finish – managing implementation of the foundation, framing, roofing, siding, window and door installation, flooring, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, stairs, porches, balconies, cabinetry, trim work, countertops and appliances among other details
- Strong time management skills
- Strong carpentry skills and grasp of structural and MEP systems
- Demonstrated leadership experience on construction sites
- Experience ensuring people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet delivery requirements while achieving quality and safety standards
- Ability to work and communicate proactively with supporting teams and management teams to fully define the processes, procedures, and controls relevant to team activities and progress -- including, monitoring areas for continuous improvement relating to both processes and interpersonal dynamics
- Conscientiousness, confidence, resilience, assertiveness, openness to continuous change, and willingness to promote and accept new solutions
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS:
- 7+ years of leadership experience in residential construction (ie. general contractor/foreman/master carpenter)
- Ability to use power tools, heavy equipment, and drive a trailer
- Experience with timber framing, wood-to-wood joinery and/or SIP panels
- Experience with innovative MEP solutions
- Certified to operate a forklift and telehandler
- OSHA certified
- Experience with CNC routers
- Training and/or experience in Building Science
- Competency in Excel, the Autodesk Suite and/or Microsoft Project are a plus
- Individuals undergo a 90-day training and evaluation period, after which a full-time offer may be extended.
- We offer team members comprehensive health benefits, including medical, dental, vision and disability.
TO APPLY: Please use the "Apply for this Job" button on this page! A resume will be requested, along with a few, brief questions. Thank you so much for your time and interest!